INSIGHTS/MARKETING RESEARCH MANAGER
Use your strong marketing research skills, and data storytelling expertise to provide clients with customer and market data that leads to improved products/programs and excellent customer experience.
Our client has an outstanding reputation in the markets they serve and their client work is founded on having a highly collaborative culture that has a place for people who love to execute well, solve business problems, expand thinking and intellectual capital, and build long-time client relationships. The Insights/Marketing Research Manager serves as a project manager for several major clients and is responsible for conducting market research projects, delivering to client standards and the company’s best practices. This position will lead teams of research analysts, assistants and data collection partners to translate clients’ research goals into project plans, high quality research implementation and insightful reports and recommendations. The end goal is that our clients act on our advice and achieve positive outcomes.
- Project Management: Hands-on, day-to-day management of multiple client projects to produce high quality deliverables. Includes managing budgets and project schedules, serving as client liaison, and coordinating project teams (e.g., staff, subcontractors) to satisfaction of client and project directors.
- Quantitative Research: Designs and conducts survey research, including questionnaire development and cognitive testing, managing data collection subcontractors, working with analysts on sampling and analysis, writing reports, and developing and conducting presentations.
- Qualitative Research: Moderates focus groups, both in person and by telephone, and conducts individual interviews; includes developing interview guides and screeners, selecting/managing recruiting firms and focus group facilities, analyzing and summarizing insights.
- Reporting and Presenting: Prepares PowerPoint and word documents summarizing research approach and findings tailored to the client audience. Presents findings and facilitates discussion among client staff, including senior level managers.
· Client Management and Development: Identifies new business opportunities within existing accounts and pursues them by listening to clients, presenting solutions and working with the company’s business developers to close the deal. Plays a lead role in increasing firm’s reputation in one of our vertical market and collaborating with business developers to market our services and generate leads.
· U.S. Citizenship (required for the company’s clients)
- 4+ years of market research project management experience, managing and conducting qualitative and quantitative customer research—particularly questionnaire development related to customer satisfaction or customer experience—and ability to use market research findings to develop recommendations that improve the client’s performance
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills, plus strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Track record in managing clients, including managing expectations, understanding business needs, communication and ensuring client satisfaction with appreciation for working in a professional services environment
- Ability to manage results and risks of multiple, concurrent projects, including overseeing work of analysts, compliance with client/industry regulations, and contractor management
- Ability and desire to work primarily with both government contracts (60%) and commercial clients (40%)
- Experience working within or providing services to utilities, healthcare entities, medical device companies or federal government a plus.
- Experience writing winning proposals a strong plus.